born 11 July 1958 in Kassel, Germany, married
- Career Diplomat with over 30 years of service in the Federal Foreign Office.
- Over 10 years of experience with parliamentary affairs.
- Professional experience in political and economic cooperation as well as business Promotion.
- Experience in crisis management and conflict resolution.
- Experience in science cooperation and as policy adviser.
- Experience in administrative reform and change management.
Postings and Professional Experience
- Ambassador to Botswana, since August 2020.
- Consul General in Bangalore, India, promoting business relations between Germany and India (2016-2020).
- Head of Division for UN Personnel Policy, German Foreign Office, Berlin, in charge of strategic planning and human resources in the UN system (2015-2016).
- Head of Division in UN Department, German Foreign Office, Berlin, coordinating political issues in the UN General Assembly (2014/2015).
- Visiting Fellow, German Institute for International and Security Affairs (SWP), Research Unit Middle East and Africa (2013-2014).
- Ambassador to Kenya, also accredited to Somalia and Seychelles, and Permanent Representative to the UN Environment Program and UN Habitat (2009-2013).
- Head of Division – Comprehensive Security Structures in Europe, German Foreign Office, Berlin, shaping German positions in the Organization of Security and Cooperation in Europe and the Council of Europe and overseeing the Centre for International Peacekeeping Operations (2006-2009).
- Senior Foreign Policy Advisor to the Social Democratic Party's Parliamentary Group in the German Bundestag, Berlin shaping its policy regarding transatlantic relations, European Security Policy, Development and Security Policy in Africa (1999-2006).
- Deputy Head - Press Office of the German Embassy in London (1997-1999).
- Desk Officer - Parliamentary Liaison Unit in German Foreign Office in Bonn coordinating foreign policy between the Foreign Office and the German Bundestag (1993-1997).
- Deputy Head - German Embassy Conakry, Guinea (1991-1993).
- First and Second State Diploma in History, Philosophy, French Language and Literature, University of Göttingen, Germany (1984-1987).
- Diploma in Advanced European Studies on Administration, College of Europe, Bruges, Belgium (1985).