Requirements Residence Permit (Student/Prospective Student)
- 2 duly completed application forms “Application for a Residence Permit” (please date and sign the forms!)
- 2 declarations of the True and Complete Information in accordance with §54 Residence Act (please date and sign the forms!)
- 2 recent biometric passport picture
- Passport (original and 2 copies)
- If applicable: Residence Permit (original + 2 copies )
- Proof of enrolment at a university or another academic institutions (original and 2 copies)
- Proof of school education, diplomas etc. (originals + 2 coies)
- Proof of sufficient funds for the duration of the studies or courses (no less than 835 EUR per month). The applicant has three options to prove sufficient funds (original + 2 copies)
- Scholarship: Proof of sponsorship (stating duration and amount of monthly allowances) or bursary from a German institution (DAAD, Inwent, etc)
- Financing by a third party living in Germany (sponsor):
Formal obligation letter (“Verpflichtungserklärung”) according to paragraph §§ 66,68 of the Aliens Act, by a person who is a resident in Germany. Sponsor will have to provide evidence of financial means (provision of at least 10.020,00 EUR for first year of studies).
- Self-financed stay:
The applicant needs to show proof of a blocked student account in Germany. A monthly amount of at least 835,00 EU (10.020,00 EUR for a whole year) has to be at the applicant’s disposal when studying in Germany. For further information please visit Opening a blocked bank account
Please note that the immigration authorities may require proof of higher amounts than stated above.
- Curriculum vitae (2 copies)
- Proof of sufficient knowledge of the German language (not applicable if course language is English or a suitable German course is part of your studies) – original + two copies
- Proof of medical insurance (can be handed in after approval of visa by German immigration authority)
Please note that each Visa application is reviewed individually. Therefore, the requested documents may vary. The German Missions reserve the right to ask for additional documents. The submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee the issuance of a visa.